The Greek reality of racist violence: from extremist racist groups to “everyday” Racism
Athens, 12.4.2019 – The Racist Violence Recording Network (RVRN) is organizing a Press Conference to present its findings based on the recordings in 2018.
The Press Conference will take place on
Thursday, 18 April 2019, at 12:00 p.m.,
Journalists’ Union of Athens Daily Newspapers – ESIEA
(20, Akadimias str., 1st floor)
The discussion will be moderated by John Baskakis, journalist.
- Maria Yannakaki, General Secretary for Transparency and Human Rights
Presentation of the 2018 RVRN Annual Report
- Tina Stavrinaki, Assistant Coordinator, Racist Violence Recording Network
Golden Dawn trial and Luqman trial: the response to racist violence by the judicial authorities
- Takis Zotos, Attorney at Law
“Everyday” racism on the streets, at school, in the tax office, at work
- Jackie Abhulimen, Generation 2.0
The Law is not enough: legal recognition of gender identity in practice
- Marina Galanou, Greek Transgender Support Association
Durable solutions for refugees in the current political context
- Kalliopi Stefanaki, UNHCR Representation in Greece
Building bridges: the Greek National Commission for Human Rights in the fight against discrimination
- Roxani Fragou, National Commission for Human Rights
For further information, please contact:
Tina Stavrinaki, 210.7233216, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Simultaneous interpretation will not be provided.