Press Conference on 2016 Annual Report
The Greek society at the crossroads between solidarity and xenophobia
Athens – The Racist Violence Recording Network is organizing a Press Conference for the presentation of its findings based on the recordings of 2016.
The Press Conference will take place on
Tuesday, 4 April 2017, at 12:00 p.m.,
Journalists’ Union of Athens Daily Newspapers – ESIEA
(20, Akadimias str., 1st floor)
- Maria Yannakaki, General Secretary for Transparency and Human Rights
- Georgios Stavropoulos, President, National Commission for Human Rights, Honorary Vice President of the Administrative Supreme Court
Presentation of the 2016 Annual Report
- Tina Stavrinaki, Assistant Coordinator, Racist Violence Recording Network
- Vassiliki Georgiadou, Associate Professor, Panteion University
“Violent xenophobia during the crisis”
- Yannis Stevis, Journalist, Astraparis.gr – Chios News Online
“Solidarity spirit: the process of change”
- Eleni Karayanni, Artist – Art Teacher, Coordinator of Refugees’ Education – Refugee Accommodation Center of Schisto
“The integration of refugee children in the education system: a stress test for the Greek society?”
- Evi Spinou, Psychologist, Colour Youth Athens, LGBTQ Community
“Homophobic and transphobic violence: trauma management and victims’ empowerment”
The discussion will be coordinated by Giorgos Tsarbopoulos, UNHCR Greece.
For further information, please contact:
Tina Stavrinaki, 210.7233216, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Simultaneous interpretation will not be provided.